Friday, October 9, 2009

Reflections Week 3 and 4

Aside from being extremely ill the past week, I have been learning a lot in my Environmental Health Policy book by David Ball. It was the book I chose and ordered off of Amazon to read for "Read n' Seed." It resembles a text book and isn't exactly a story, but a lot of information! Week 3 we didn't meet for class, just set up an appointment with Steve to make sure we were on track with our blogs. He helped me out a ton, I was really grateful and felt good leaving! I felt a little stressed and behind about blogging, but he showed me a lot of things that I was able to retain for when I am home on my own! Week 4 for me consisted of sleeping with a pile of kleenexes next to me, as I still am having to do. I've never had such a bad flu! I whistle when I breathe so it may be bronchitis, I'll be finding out soon. I still caught up with the class as far as what was on the calendar, by creating my SMART goal! I chose to stop drinking things out of cans and water bottles, but i didn't realize that that means I can't have my Guava Rockstars anymore! It'll be for the better though, and quite a change since I usually have one every other day atleast. I also did the eco-footprint quiz, and found out that I'm even less eco-friendly than I had thought! Some changes need to be made, and I am making a conscious effort to try! My lifestyle consists of eating a lot, so i feel that I have tons of garbage all the time! I am ready for week 5 and excited to learn whatever Dr. V has to throw at us! I'm also excited for the snacks. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. That sucks that you've been so sick!! Glad to see you are keeping up for the most part! I can't even imagine. I know I would have a tough time! Hope you get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you have been so sick! I feel awful for you, but if there is some way I could ever help you out with class just ask! I really like your SMART goal, though! I can't wait to see what you have to say about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are sick! hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I've been reading your site for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Lubbock Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the great job!

    ReplyDelete